CNAs provide patient care, which includes:
- Measuring vital signs
- Observing and reporting changes in conditions to senior nurses
- Providing emotional and social support
So if you’re up for the task, start your CNA journey by enrolling in any of these schools in the Birmingham area.
CNAs annual average salary in Alabama is $29,419 - ABOVE U.S. AVERAGE!
Jefferson State Community College - Jefferson Campus
Jefferson State Community College offers a CNA program that prepares you for the following:
- Entry-level work of a nursing assistant
- Successfully complete that state exam
Training will focus on hands-on clinical practice in these areas:
- Effective communication with the patient and coworkers
- Safety and standard precautions
- Proper body mechanics
- Identification of changes in the aging process
- The cause and effect of multiple diseases
- The death and dying process
Address: 2601 Carson Road, Birmingham, AL 35215
Lawson State Community College - Bessemer Campus
Lawson State Community College offers a five-week CNA program.
The program teaches you the art of caring in the healthcare field.
You will develop the knowledge, skills, and qualities necessary to succeed as a nursing assistant.
Address: 1100 Ninth Avenue SW Bessemer, AL 35022