Thanks to its bustling healthcare sector, Richmond provided a lot of space for CNAs to grow and develop.
So it’s not surprising to see plenty of CNA schools in the city.
Below are some of the reputable CNA schools that you can check out here in Richmond, VA.
CNAs annual average salary in Virginia is $31,497 - ABOVE U.S. AVERAGE!
J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College - Downtown Campus
J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College’s CNA program prepares you for a career in healthcare.
Training will focus on two points:
- Improvement and enhancement of quality of life for long-term care residents
- Introduce the growing need of residents and the facility itself for long-term care
Address: 700 East Jackson Street Richmond, VA 23219
Professional Career Institute
Professional Career Institute’s CNA program helps you prepare for the certification exam.
Training will run for six weeks and consist of lectures, skills lab, and clinical practice.
Upon completion, you’ll be able to…
- Perform routine tasks in taking care of patients effectively
- Work together with patients and the healthcare team to improve patients’ quality of life
Address: 9200 Arboretum Pkwy. North Chesterfield, VA 23236
Dominion Health Education Center - Richmond Area
Dominion Health Education Center’s CNA program aims to prepare you for the certification exam.
Training will run for eight weeks, with more time given to clinical rotations.
Upon completion, you should have an understanding and demonstrated essential CNA skills, like:
- Maintain and improve patient’s functioning
- Meet patient’s social, mental, physical, emotional, and cultural needs
- Communicate and interact with patients, family members, and the healthcare team
- Promote and support patient rights and independence
- Document and report patient’s health assessments
Address: 4746 Finlay Street Henrico, VA 23231